Research Professional Development
We build your research toolkit, sharpen your research skill set, and increase your grantsmanship knowledge and know-how.
New Faculty Orientation
We invite all new UC faculty interested in understanding our research enterprise to attend semi-annual workshops where we highlight services, offices, and resources available to all our UC researchers. This is done in an interactive, participative format. The January offering is open to all UC faculty. See UC Research Events for upcoming offerings. In August, Office of Research sponsors an informational Office of Research Virtual Scavenger Hunt where participating new faculty are eligible for travel grants.
Office of Research Professional Development Series
The Office of Research organizes and sponsors campus workshops, seminars, and events meant to assist you at any stage of your research career. Examples of opportunities include:
- How to Find Funding Opportunities
- Collaborative Grants/Pilots: Pre-Proposal Workshop
- Engagement with Federal Funding Agencies for Multidisciplinary Funding Opportunities
- Grant Writing in Response to the Collaborative Advancement Grant Program - Strategic Teams & Team Science
- Proposal Budgets - More Than Just a Bunch of Numbers
- Internal Funding Opportunities
- Writing the One Pager: The Shortest Path to Sucess
- Building Your Team: Undergrads, Graduate Students and Postdocs
- Research Support - UC Infrastructure
- How to Navigate the IRB doing SBER
- Working with Industry/Foundations
- How to Work with Local and State Governments
- Arts & Humanities in the Age of Impact
See UC Research Events for upcoming offerings and to register to attend.
Professional Development Series Awards
For our new faculty, we offer a special opportunity to engage in professional development and earn research development funds. Those who participate in at least 5 qualifying events in the first two full semesters at UC, earn additional start-up funds for their research development efforts. Come join us as we learn skills and resources to advance our research agendas. Questions, please contact email@example.com.
Trans-disciplinary Research Leadership Program
The goal of the Trans-disciplinary Research Leadership Program is to provide an academic year-long trans-disciplinary team research leadership development training for an elite group of promising future research leaders. The focus will be on practical mentoring and collaborative research project development across disciplines with an actionable deliverable at the end of the academic year to begin or expand collaborative research. This is an annual program offered to mid-career faculty. See the Office of Research Internal Funding page for additional information or to apply for our next year’s cohort.
Office of Research Faculty Awards
The Office of Research recognizes outstanding researchers who show overall excellence, outstanding mentoring, or espouse the Office of Research Core Values: 1) Collaborative and Transparent, (2) Customer Focused, (3) Solution Oriented, and (4) Committed to Quality. For further details and past winners, see our Office of Research Awards.
- Research launch awards
- Faculty Excellence Awards
- Faculty-to-Faculty Research Mentoring Awards
- Office of Research Core Values Awards
The University of Cincinnati houses a number of core research facilities for use by the research community and industry partners. Please see the UC Core Facilities page for more information related to those opportunities.