The Office of Research is pleased to announce its new, Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences and Integrated Research Advancement Grants Program which combines elements of three former UC/Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences (AHSS) Grant Programs: The URC/AHSS Summer Stipend Grant Program, the AHSS Third-Century Grant Program, and the AHSS Third-Century Fellowship Grant Program. Like the former programs, our new, tiered program is tied to UC’s Third Century strategic plan and advances goals outlined in it: Investing in faculty and staff, reimagining the student experience, and leveraging research.
Level I Proposals and Level II & Level III Preproposals must be submitted electronically using our internal funding portal. The links for which will be available and active as of DECEMBER 15, 2016.
To apply with your proposal or preproposal, follow the corresponding links below, click "UC Login" to sign in with your UC credentials, then click "Create a new submission."
Level I Proposal
Level II and III Preproposal
Refer to the following documents for more information:
Request for Proposals
- Detailed information about the program including dates, eligibility, and criteria.
Preproposal Instructions (Level II and III)
- Instructions on how to format the preproposal document to be uploaded with an application.
Full Proposal Instructions (Currently Level I ONLY)
- Instructions on how to format a full proposal document to be uploaded with an application.
Proposal Preparation Initial Questions
- Initial questions for proposal preparation in Coeus
Collaboration Sub Letter Template
- Sample letter for subaward agreements
- Detailed budget spreadsheet for proposals to government sponsors that are non-federal. At the bottom of the excel document, click the "Instructions" tab for detailed instructions for budget creation.
Investigator Table Template
- Table of investigators / collaborators with faculty/staff appointment levels, college / department affiliations, a link to up-to-date UC Research Directory profiles, and a statement regarding the specific roles of each investigator / collaborator on the project.
Funding Opportunities Template
- Table of specific funding opportunities that will be targeted upon completion of research.
- Criteria by which the proposals and preproposals will be reviewed.
Questions? Contact Assistant Vice President for Integrated Research + AHSS and Integrated Research Advancement Grants
Program Officer, Jennifer Krivickas. |