Findings Staff Report | April 12, 2022
The exact roles faculty and staff at the University of Cincinnati play to promote excellence vary. That's for certain. But each one of the 41 individuals honored with a Research + Innovation Week award this year embodies the core values of Next Lives Here:
Inclusion, Innovation and Impact.
So what better a time to honor these outstanding faculty and staff than the end of R+I Week, a celebration of Bearcat research. On April 1, the Provost Office and Office of Research were thrilled to hold the event in person, for the first time since the
onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We just had to take some photos. Congratulations to all the awardees! Scroll past the photo gallery for a full list of winners.
Full list of R+I Week awardees:
Deans’ Award for Faculty Excellence
Co-sponsored by the Office of the Provost and the Office of Research, recipients receive $2,000 in professional development funds to support their efforts in teaching, research, service and/or leadership development.
College of Allied Health Sciences, Nominated by Dean Tina Whalen
- Erin Rumpke, Clinical and Health Information Science
- Karla Washington, Communication Sciences and Disorders
College of Arts & Sciences, nominated by Interim Dean Margaret Hanson
- Erinn Green, Psychology
- Edward Wallace, Africana Studies
College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services, nominated by Dean Larry Johnson
- Anna DeJarnette, School of Education
- Julie Morrison, School of Human Services
College of Engineering and Applied Science, nominated by Dean John Weidner
- Prashant Khare, Aerospace Engineering
- Tamara Lorenz, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering joint with A&S Psychology
College of Law, nominated by Dean Verna Williams
- Donald Caster
- Michael Whiteman, Law Library
College of Medicine, nominated by Dean Andrew Filak
- William Sean Davidson, Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Tom Thompson, Molecular Genetics
College of Nursing, nominated by Interim Dean Denise Gormley
- Amber Irwin, Graduate Programs and Administrative Services
- Rich(ard) Prior, Graduate Programs
College of Pharmacy, nominated by Interim Dean Pamela Heaton
- Katelyn Johnson, Division of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences
- Joan Garrett, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Division of Experience-Based Learning and Career Education, nominated by Dean Gigi Escoe
- Brittany Arthur
- Annie Straka
Lindner College of Business, nominated by Dean Marianne Lewis
- Michael Jones, Economics
- Chen Xue, Finance
UC Blue Ash, nominated by Dean Robin Lightner
- Rob Gioielli, History, Philosophy and Political Science
- Helene Harte, Behavioral Science
UC Clermont, nominated by Dean Jeff Bauer
- Christopher Goodman, Math, Computers, Geology, Physics
- Carolyn Shisler, Science and Health
UC Libraries, nominated by Dean Xuemao Wang
- Sally Moffitt, Langsam Library
Faculty-to-Faculty Research Mentoring Awards
Co-sponsored by the Office of the Provost and the Office of Research, recipients receive $1,000 in professional development funds to support their efforts in research and/or research mentoring.
- Kara Moranski, Romance and Arabic Languages. Nominated by Interim Dean Margaret Hanson.
- Ben Kelcey, Educational Studies. Nominated by Dean Larry Johnson.
- Anastasios (Taso) Angelopoulos, Chemical and Environmental Engineering. Nominated by Dean John Weidner
- Sakthivel Sadayappan, Internal Medicine. Nominated by Dean Andy Filak.
- Carolyn Smith, Nursing Research. Nominated by Interim Dean Denise Gormley.
- Jeff Guo, Pharmacy. Nominated by Interim Dean Pamela Heaton.
- Annie Kelly, Division of Experience-Based Learning and Career Education. Nominated by Dean Gigi Escoe.
- David Curry, Marketing. Nominated by Dean Marianne Lewis.
- Brad Mallory, Biology. Nominated by Dean Robin Lightner.
- Krista Clark, Biology. Nominated by Dean Jeff Bauer.
- Amy Koshoffer, Research and Data Services. Nominated by Dean Xuemao Wang
Faculty Core Value Awards
The Office of Research staff select partners from UC whose interactions with the office are consistent with the Office of Research core values: collaborative, transparent, customer-focused, solution-oriented and committed to quality.
- Susan Brammer, College of Nursing, Undergraduate Program and Administration Nominated by Chris Collins.
- Dr. Pooja Khatri, College of Medicine, Neurology. Nominated by Sue Cutter.
- Amy Koshoffer, UC Libraries, Research and Data Services. Nominated by Amy Latessa.
Ethics in Action Awards
Recognizes faculty, staff and partners that promote and reward actions and methods that go above and beyond to promote ethical research, scholarship and/or workplace.
- Vanessa Allen-Brown, College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services, Educational Studies. Nominated by Anjanette Wells.
- Brittany Arthur, Division of Experience-Based Learning and Career Education. Nominated by Sydney O’Connor and Evie Armitage.
- Melissa Newman, Lindner College of Business, Department of Management. Nominated by Elaine Hollensbe.
- Scott Paja, Office of Innovation. Nominated by Rebecca Revalee.
Learn more about the Office of Research at our website, www.research.uc.edu.