In this optional hands‐on course, LAMS Veterinary Staff will explain and demonstrate commonly used rodent research procedures. Procedures may be performed with or without anesthesia, depending on trainee comfort
level unless otherwise noted.
Available procedures include:
- Restraint: manual and mechanical
- Identification methods: ear tag, ear notch
- Nail trimming
- Injection: SQ, IM, IP, IV, oral gavage
- Rodent anesthesia machine instruction and anesthetic monitoring
- Venipuncture: submandibular, saphenous, jugular, tail clip, tail lacerations and retro‐orbital injections/bleeding (under anesthesia)
- Intracardiac injections and cardiocentesis
Multiple dates/times are available. Course duration is approximately 1‐2 hours.
To schedule, email LAMS (LAMS@ucmail.uc.edu
) with your availability and requested techniques.